In this next interview episode on the Financial Autonomy Podcast we chat to Ruby Lee the founder of The Careers Emporium and head of HR at Cogent.
In this interview we cover:
- The benefits of a side hustle in achieving your financial goals
- The 18 month journey Ruby when through when changing careers
- Identifying your strengths and knowing when the time is right for a career change
- How daily journaling helped Ruby gain clarity when dealing with financial and career issues
- How she turned a new blog of helping people with their careers into a money making side hustle while on maternity leave
- Why job seekers are now seeking personal branding help
- The importance of understanding a position gets made redundant, not the person. Listen to Ep 2 Redundancy – What a Great Opportunity episode
- Ruby’s tips for starting a blog and building an online community for your side hustle
- How she juggles balancing her full time job, being a mother and building a successful side hustle.
- How automation and programs such as Hootsuite help her build The Careers Emporium while working full time
- How a business coach helped her to gain clarity and change her mindset amount monetising The Careers Emporium
- Current trends in employment and the rise of the contractor/freelance and ‘gig’ economy
- The rise of partnering between employers and employees
- How employers are now understanding the need for employees to build personal brands and how that can help both parties.
Links mentioned in the podcast