In this episode, I talk to Joanna Maxwell all about career change. Joanna has worked in a wide variety of jobs throughout her career and she helps a lot of other people change careers as well. She’s now taken all that experience and recently gained a position with the Australian Human Rights Commission in the Age Discrimination Team.
Joanna is the author of the book Rethink Your Career in your 40s, 50s & 60s.
In this episode we cover:
- Why Joanna has had a such a varied career
- How her love of travel impacted career choices and led to her interest in career change
- The challenges of identity with career change
- How men & women deal with their sense of identity
- How Joanna took her interests and satisfy those through her career choices
- Planning financially when running your own business
- Finding strategies to create a working life that is sustainable
- How the book came about and what’s included
- Joanna’s tips to make career choices work